Please read below carefully to request the correct permission to skate form. There are several different forms for different age groups and different destinations, so please be sure to find the correct form in the information below.
**As per the OHF no PTS forms for U18AAA will be available until August 23rd.
For those players requesting a U18AAA OMHA PTS, please go to www.minorhockeyforms.com and complete the appropriate on line form. Your approved PTS will be provided within 1-2 business days.
At the conclusion of each season, an OMHA LOR Centre/AAA Zone resident Player from U10 to U13 who has received a Release and has participated with a Team in the LOR outside of their LOR Centre/AAA Zone must return to their LOR Centre/AAA Zone to Tryout.
The Lake Ontario Region (LOR) is a Geographic Subdivision, for A and AA hockey from U10 to U18 and for AAA hockey from U10 to U16, that is made up of the following: (a) GTHL (Toronto, Mississauga and Vaughan); and (b) the surrounding OMHA Centres including Oakville, Brampton, Richmond Hill, Pickering, and Ajax (each hereinafter referred to as an “OMHA LOR Centre” and these Centres’ AAA Zones); and (c) Markham (see Markham Programs Regulation H20).
A Player who resides in an OMHA LOR Centre from U10 to U13 must Tryout in their Centre/AAA Zone of residence.
- No player releases will be issued prior to tryouts for U10 – U13
- Player releases for U10 – U13 are at the discretion of the Association
- In order to retain a player the team must offer a player registration by the end of the fourth day.
Permission to Skate Forms
Please make sure you are requesting the correct form. If you aren’t sure please email [email protected] with your age group, level (AAA, AA etc) and centre you are trying out for.
A PTS (Permission to skate) form is required to tryout for AAA. As of June 2023 OMHA has released their revised Player Movement Policy associated with Motion passed at last year’s OMHA AGM. • U10 to U16 PTS forms will be for Credit River Capitals Only Note players rostered to Credit River Capitals in 2022 are not required to obtain a permission to skate form for 2023 tryouts.
To request an OMHA AAA Permission to Skate Form U10 – U16
Please complete the form on the link below. The AAA Permission to Skate Form U10 – U16 will be emailed back to you within 1 - 2 business days.
OMHA AAA Permission to Skate Form U10 – U16 Request
(i.e. to tryout for the Credit River Capitals AAA)
USE OF FORM:
1. This form is to be utilized on behalf of all OMHA players wishing to attend “AAA Zone” tryout/training camps of hockey teams/associations within the OMHA and ALLIANCE.
2. Each player is required by Hockey Canada and Ontario Hockey Federation Regulations to present this form to the appropriate Team Official and/or Head Coach of the team of which the player is trying out.
3. Teams/Associations/Clubs are not to allow players to participate without this signed form. Sanctions shall be applied where circumstances warrant.
4. This is neither a “Player Release” nor an “OHF AAA Waiver Form”.
5. This form is invalid for participant use while the player’s current registered team is participating in scheduled league/Playdown or sanctioned Branch events.
To request an LOR Permission to Skate Form please click on the link below
LOR Permission to Skate Form
LOR Permission to Skate Form Use of Form (i.e. to tryout in the GTHL)
1. Required for U14 to U18 Players only (U18 AAA excluded)
2. It is only necessary when players are changing Members from which they were last registered with (ie – an OMHA player trying out for a GTHL team or a GTHL player trying out for an OMHA team).
3. Each such player is required by OHF Regulations to present this form to the General Manager and/or Head Coach of the team of which the player is trying out.
4. Clubs are NOT to allow players to participate without this signed form. Sanctions SHALL be applied where circumstances warrant. Permission to Skate Forms cannot be issued retroactively.
5. This form is invalid once a Hockey Canada registration certificate is signed for the season in question.
To request a Junior Permission to Skate form please visit
Junior Permission to Skate Form Request
As Brampton Hockey is no longer a AAA Centre all requests for F1 Waivers must be made through the Credit River Capitals.