Any person who shows proof of current certification in Standard First Aid from a recognized service provider [as recognized by Workers’ Safety Insurance Board], and has successfully completed HTCP Level I, may be granted the HTCP Level II certification by remitting a fee and proof of current qualification to the OMHA. Individuals who have successfully completed HTCP Level I and hold the following professional qualifications may also be granted HTCP Level II certification by remitting a fee and proof of current qualification to the OMHA:
- Registered Nurse
- Occupational Health Nurse
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Ambulance Emergency Medical Care Attendant
- Canadian Athletic Therapists Association
- Basic Trauma Life Support
- National Athletic Trainers Association
- Military Medic [valid for 2 years from end of service date and all qualifications must be licensed in Canada
Click here to review First Aid Providers or contact your branch or division for a list of recognized first aid providers.
To upgrade to Level II - Complete the Application for Conversion / Upgrade of Certification form (BELOW IN DOWNLOADS SECTION) and return to the OMHA office with copy of First Aid credentials.